Okonomiyaki (Kansai region style)
- 100g okonomiyaki flour
- 120cc water or dashi stock
- one egg
- 150 to 200g roughly cut cabbage
- your favorite ingredients(thinly sliced pork, shrimp, squid, minced scallion, tenkasu, dried small shrimp, beni-shouga, etc as much as you like
- okonomi sauce (regular, special)
- ninben katsuobushi or yamaki katsuobushi
1, Whisk together okonomiyaki flour, an egg and water until smooth in a large bowl.
2, Mix cabbage and your favorite ingredients except pork in the batter.
3, Put oil in a frying pan, and heat it. Cook the mixture in flattenning like a pancake.
4, Put thinly sliced pork on it, and wait until one side is well cooked.
5, Turn it over with a wide turner, and wait until the other side is cooked.
6, Turn again, remove to a plate. Put okonomi sauce and mayonnaise, top with aonori and katsuobushi.
* The trick is to stir lightly when you mix the ingredients in the batter.
Your IP Address is: 188.8.131.52