Gyu-Don (beef on rice)
- 200g beef sliced into small strips
- 150g onion
- tsuyu(refer to kikkoman tsuyu, mitsukan tsuyu, ninben tsuyu, yamasa tsuyu), or A(120ml dashi stock, 30ml(2tbsp) soy sauce, 20ml(4tsp) mirin, 10g(2tsp) sugar)
1. Cut the onion into wedges.
2. Dilute tsuyu with water, or put A in a pan. Add onion, bring to a boil, then add beef.
3. Simmer on medium heat until cooked through(3 to 4min). Remove the scum.
Place the ingredients on a bowl of rice.
* Gyu-don tastes best if you use a fattier beef sliced thinly.
* Splinkle red pepper(ichimi or shichimi) with your liking.
* Red pickled ginger goes well with Gyu-Don.
* Glico Gyudon, S&B Gyudon
Your IP Address is: 220.127.116.11